This website stratford-circus.com is operated by Stratford Circus. We are committed to protecting your personal information. We always aim to maintain that all our audiences, visitors, residents, supporters and website visitors trust us to use data sensitively and appropriately.
• What information we may collect about you
• How we may use that information
• In what situations we may disclose your details to third parties
• Information about how we keep your personal information
You can manage your contact preferences and update your details at any time by going to the My Account section. If you have any queries about this policy, please contact the Data Protection Officer at Stratford Circus on email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and put ‘FAO Data Protection Officer’ as the subject line.
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include purchasing tickets online, over the phone or in person or it could be where you sign up to receive emails from us. We also look at how our audience use our website, so that we can offer the best possible experience whether you’re booking tickets or just trying to find out more about our latest productions.
We process your data on these three bases:
To carry out our business and complete a contract with you, this includes:
• Fulfilling ticket and donation requests.
• Processing payments. Stratford Circus does not store any Credit Card or other payment information once the transaction has been completed.
• Providing the best possible customer services and to help us with internal administration.
• Contacting you with important information relating to your booking or purchase, such as confirming your order, reminding you of an upcoming performance you’ve booked for or letting you know about cast changes or building works that may affect your visit.
Legitimate business interests
In certain situations we collect and process your personal for purposes that are in our legitimate organisational interests. However we only do this if there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information in this way. We describe below all situations where we may use this basis for processing.
When you have given us consent
For any situations where the two bases above are not appropriate, we will instead ask for your explicit consent before using your personal information in that specific situation.
We aim to communicate with you about the work that we do in ways that you find relevant, timely and respectful. To do this we use data that we have stored about you, such as what events you have booked for in the past, as well as any preferences you may have told us about.
We use our legitimate organisational interest as the legal basis for communications by post and email. In the case of postal mailings, you may object to receiving these at any time using the contact details at the end of this policy. In the case of email, we will give you an opportunity to opt out of receiving them during your first purchase with us. If you do not opt out, we will provide you with an option to unsubscribe in every email that we subsequently send you, or you can alternatively use the contact details at the end of this policy.
We may also contact you about our work by telephone however we will always get explicit consent from you before doing this. Please bear in mind that this does not apply to telephone calls that we may need to make to you related to your purchases (as above).
In addition to direct communications, also process personal information in the following ways that are within our legitimate organisational interests:
• Learn about your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you.
• Help us target our marketing communications and adverts so that they’re more relevant to you.
• For classifying our audience into groups or segments, using booking and publicly available information. These segments help us to understand our audience better and ensure we’re sending relevant messages to each group.
• Measure and understand how our audiences respond to a variety of marketing activity so we can ensure our activity is well targeted, relevant and effective.
• Undertake consumer research: we may contact you to ask you to participate in consumer research either via an online or telephone survey or in person. You are under no obligation to participate in research and, should you provide any further information, Stratford Circus will inform you how any further information will be used.
• Analyse and continually improve the services we offer including our artistic output, our website and our other products.
• To keep our database accurate and relevant
• The use of CCTV recording equipment in and around our premises for monitoring and security purposes.
• Detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
• We may use profiling techniques or third party wealth screening and insight companies to provide us with information about you that will help us to communicate in a relevant way with you, in particular when we are approaching you about potential philanthropic support. Such information is compiled using publicly available data about you.
In all of the above cases we will always keep your rights and interests at the forefront to ensure they are not overridden by your own interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. You have the right to object to any of this processing at any time. If you wish to do this, please use the contact details at the end of this policy. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above that are for your benefit.
Stratford Circus will only pass on your information to visiting companies and third parties if you have selected this option when booking and the company will contact you to inform you how they obtained your data and confirm you are happy to continue to receive communications from them.
In addition to email marketing, your pseudonymised details may be used to show you advertising on such Social Media platforms as Facebook and Instagram or via other third party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. It is not used for any purposes other than for Stratford Circus to advertise products we believe may be of interest and is not sold or passed on by these platforms. We use the data in compliance with Facebook and Google’s retargeting policies.
3. The Types of Information We Collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you informed. There are occasions when you can choose not to give us certain information, but this for example, may limit the level of personalisation we offer e.g. you may not get to hear about an event you would have loved to have attended.
We log visits to our website which records the time and date of your visit, the files requested, your IP address, the referrer URL (if provided), country of visit and browser version. This information is used for the purposes of monitoring our site’s performance and the demographics of our users to improve our service. No personally identifiable information is retained, however we can and will link IP addresses to personal information only in the event that it is necessary to enforce compliance with our terms and conditions or protect our services and other users.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. They tell us about visitor numbers and engagement with our website as well as helping to make the customer journey smoother. This website uses the following non-essential cookies:
Google Analytics cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site, this information is anonymised so we don’t know who is using our site. The information is used to track how many people are using our website and what it is being used for which we compile into reports to help us improve the site and our offer.
Cookies used on Facebook and Instagram
Cookies used on Google display network
5. How We Handle Your Information and Other Organizations
Stratford Circus will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent. We will ask for your consent to share personal information with like-minded arts organizations whose shows you will have seen here at Stratford Circus or in collaboration with us at another venue.
If you agree to share your data with visiting companies or like-minded organisations they will contact you to confirm your subscription to their marketing lists and tell you how your data will be used.
Some of our service providers may have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf – payment processing is a good example of this. We make sure anyone who provides a service for Stratford Circus enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
6. How We Protect Your Data
Stratford Circus is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorized access and improper use e.g. your online account is encrypted and our own network is protected.
7. Your Choices
If you contact us, we reserve the right to keep a record of that correspondence in a secure way. You should find it easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you, or request that we stop contacting you. It’s your data and we want to make sure you feel in control of it.
If you have an online account with us, you can amend your personal details and email contact preferences at any time. Simply sign in on the web site via the ‘My Account’ link at the top of this page.
Or, if you prefer, you can contact us by phoning, emailing, or writing using our contact details in our footer at the bottom of this page. You can also use these channels to make a formal request for us to disclose the information we hold on you.
This notice was updated on 18 November 2020 and may be updated to take into account changes at Stratford Circus or for example to reflect changes to regulation or legislation.