We are recruiting volunteers to support the delivery of our Acorn Project's monthly free drop-in arts events for families, and our Stratford Arts Social which is made up of weekly and monthly activities for older adults in our community.
The Acorn Project, an early years arts programme which provides access to high-quality, creative experiences to children under 5 and their families, specifically reaching out to those facing challenging circumstances. As part of the project we offer monthly free drop-in arts events focusing on dance, music and messy play.
Stratford Arts Social is an arts club for members of our community aged 65+ which aims to promote wellbeing and reduce isolation through the creative arts. We run weekly coffee mornings and monthly art events with workshops and creative activities. We work with a number of artists and across diverse art forms to help bring these events to life.
As a volunteer with either project, you’ll be helping the Creative Learning team with the delivery of our events, including setting up and packing down, welcoming participants to the centre and helping them to navigate the building, and supporting people so they can take part in the arts activities.We’re looking for someone who:
- Is friendly and approachable.
- Enjoys spending time with children and/or older adults.
- Has an interest in the arts and creative learning.
- Is happy to join in and try new things.
- £5 in expenses for each session attended.
- Experience working and interacting with young children and families and/or older adults.
- Experience assisting in the delivery of participatory arts activities.
Key dates and times- The Acorn Project takes place on the second Tuesday of every month at 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Stratford Arts Social takes place as follows:
- The Creative Café between 10.00am - 12.00pm every Thursday
- Big Monthly Arts events between 09.30 – 1.30pm on the last Tuesday of each month.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for a voluntary role, supporting The Acorn Project, Stratford Arts Social or both projects, please email Colette Auer on firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of why you’re interested in the role. Alternatively, call us on 020 8279 1002.
Please note that all volunteers will be required to undergo a DBS check and provide a character reference as part of Stratford Circus Arts Centre’s safeguarding policy.
Deadline: Fri 19 Apr 2019, 5pm