We work with artists at all stages of their career and what we can offer depends on the project and how it fits with our vision for the organisation. We aim to ensure that how we support artists then gives back to our audiences, creating work with our community when possible.
How do we work with artists?
Our support for artists takes a number of forms including:
- Fundraising support
- Subsidised rehearsal space
- Introductions and linking with our community
- Residencies & associate artist relationships
Who do we work with?
We support artists and theatre makers creating small scale new pieces, particularly issue-based or with social/political themes. We are very proud to present and create exceptional performance for families and young people and look to support artists who specialise in this work. We have worked with theatre makers, musicians and dance companies and as a multi arts centre, look to present a variety of art forms. We want to work with artists from east London, that reflect the diverse community we are part of, particularly when work has an east London relevance and is about here and about now.
How to get in touch
The relationships we have with artists are varied and all started with a conversation. Take a look at our programme and the kind of work we present, if you think your project fits then get in touch with our programming team and tell us more, the rest will start from there.
- Akram Khan - Chotto Desh (2016)
- Upswing – The Ramshackle House (2017) & Bedtime Stories (2015)
- Libby Liburd – Muvvahood (2016)
- Sadler’s Wells and East London Dance – Varmints (2014)
- Theatre Centre - Layla’s Room (2016)
- HighRise Theatre & Black Theatre Live – Big Foot (2017)
- Gyre & Gimble in partnership with Fuel – The Hartlepool Money (2017)
The relationships we have with artists are varied and all started with a conversation.
To get in touch drop us an email to email@example.com